Late last week, Prym Consumer USA and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced the recall of 12,000 Dritz Quick Cut Electric Scissors from shelves amid fears of fir and burn injuries.
It was discovered that the defective scissors could become overheated, leading to fires and burning to users. No injuries had been reported from use of the product thus far but their have been two complaints that the product has caught fire and caused minor property damages.
The Dritz Quick Cut Electric Scissors had been onale at various stores nationwide, including Craft store and Jo-Ann fabrics and had retailed at $50.
Consumers who have purchased the defective product are being told to return it to the store they bought it at or to return it directly to Prym at Prym Consumer USA Recall Center, 950 Brisack Road, Spartanburg, SC 29303. They also ask that you include please include the product, your complete name, mailing address and phone number in the package.